1. The scheme must be a registered scheme with NHW with all relevant watch paperwork
2. The signs erected for your area shall be the signs supplied by Derbyshire NHW to be covered by insurance and must be no lower than 7ft or on a lampost with any other signage.
3. Signs will not be fixed to street furniture which incorporates a mandatory sign, a warning sign, a repeater speed limit sign, a direction sign or any traffic sign where the addition of a Neighbourhood Watch sign could cause confusion.
4. Signs will not be sited where it is likely to obscure a driver’s view of any traffic sign or signal.
5. Where the presence of pedestrians is a possibility no signs will be fixed to street furniture with its lower edge less than 2.1 metres from the ground.
6. Erection of signs on Electricity Board or British Telecom poles require special approval and application must be made direct to the relevant authority.
7. The County Council reserves the right to remove the signs if they fall into disrepair or otherwise constitute a hazard, or if it is necessary to affix a traffic sign onto the street furniture which the Neighbourhood Watch sign is mounted.
8. If the scheme ceases or police approval is withdrawn the signs will be removed by an approved contractor.
9. Schemes are responsible for the maintenance of the signs.
10. Registered NHW schemes are automatically covered by Public Liability Insurance. However full health and safety guidance must be followed when erecting signs to be covered by this insurance. *The insurance only covers people up to the age of 80 years for erecting signs.