Do you have a plot on your local allotment in Derbyshire? Could you benefit from Derbyshire Allotment Watch?
Then work with Derbyshire NHW to ensure your allotment isn’t easy prey for criminals. Take positive action to ensure your community allotment stays safe and secure for all to enjoy, sign up now and work with us.
You can launch your very own allotment watch by registering it here for free. https://www.derbyshireneighbourhoodwatch.co.uk/setting-up-a-scheme-form/
- Ask other members on your allotment to join via a paper form or the online link below: https://www.derbyshireneighbourhoodwatch.co.uk/join-a-watch/
- You will receive an Allotment Watch Sign for your allotment *While stocks last.
- Stickers for your allotment windows
- NHW online handbook
- Access to funding bids when available
- Support from Derbyshire NHW to keep your allotment safe
Benefits To Joining Derbyshire Allotment Watch
- Increase the knowledge of the members with specific crime prevention advice
- Communicate intelligence that the police can use, thereby developing the effectiveness of crime reporting
- Provide signage and awareness of the scheme to deter criminal behaviour
- Reduce the crime rate and the targeting of your allotment
- For sheds or similar storage units on your allotment plot, keep the shed or unit well-maintained use a good quality padlock and secure fittings. It may sound obvious, but this can deter thieves. Make sure you check out the Secured By Designs website for police approved locks.
- Fit a battery-operated alarm or CCTV
- Register your power tools, mowers and other valuable items etc. with Immobilise or Smart Water
- If you are away for a while, ask your fellow plot holders to watch your plot and report anything suspicious.
- Please inform your site manager of any suspicious activity you may see. It is essential that if you see it, you report it, as, without this information, we can’t effectively tackle crime.